HOCgaming has some Cowboy Bebop facts that you can believe… #5 probably won’t shock you! Subscribe to LORE: http://bit.ly/LoreSubscribe Follow Lore on Twitter @LoreInAMinute
Watch Cowboy Bebop LORE here: http://bit.ly/2irroW8
Written by Gainesaurus: https://twitter.com/Gainesaurus
Voiced by HOCgaming: https://www.youtube.com/HOCgaming
1. After two Japanese teens claimed their violent crimes were due to the violence they'd seen on television, Japanese television fell under heavy censorship. For this reason, only 13 episodes of Cowboy Bebop were originally aired in Japan. Episodes of the show were also removed for American television due to 9/11.
2. Director of the series, Shinichiro Watanabe has admitted he enjoys the English dub of Cowboy Bebop better. Blasphemy! The series composer, Yoko Kanno, was even quoted in a DVD extra saying "Our Spike good, your Spike sexy."
3. In multiple sessions, characters are named by using the first, middle, and last name of famous figures. In "Asteroid Blues" and "Bohemian Rhapsody" the three old men playing chess are named Antonio, Carlos, and Jobim after bossanova composer Antonio Carlos Jobim. The three pirates in "Wild Horses" are named George, Herman and Ruth, the real name of baseball legend Babe Ruth.
4. Ein, the Corgi in Cowboy Bebop, may have fictionally heightened intelligence, but Pembroke Welsh Corgis were ranked 11th most intelligent breed in the book, "The Intelligence of Dogs", although this test measured intelligence based on the dog's ability to follow new directions, a task Ein would not have performed well either.
5. Though many claim the opening sequence for FX's animated comedy Archer was inspired by Cowboy Bebop, both sequences are actually homages to 60's graphic designer Saul Bass who famously designed stylized title sequences for The Man with the Golden Arm, North By Northwest, Vertigo, Anatomy of a Murder and many more classic films.
About LORE in a Minute!:
LORE is your one-stop shop for the history, plot, backstory -- you name it -- of your favorite franchises from video games and anime to comics and movies, and more. LORE pairs your favorite YouTubers like Dodger, Octopimp, Comicstorian, Stampy, Ricepirate, and Markiplier with talented animators all over the world.
Find out the top facts and Easter eggs of games like Fallout 4, Overwatch, Gears of War, Dark Souls all the way to classics like Pokemon, Elder Scrolls, Mario, Bioshock, Half-Life, and Zelda. We also cover movies, comics, cartoons, anime, and TV shows, so be sure to check out our library for Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Batman, Avengers, Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, and more!
Thanks for watching LORE!