Mai Yamane (山根 麻衣, 山根 麻以?) is a Japanese singer who worked on the Cowboy Bebop soundtracks.
Her career began in the 1980's when she entered a contest for young singers in Japan and six months later recorded her first album.. She recorded as a solo artist until 1995 when she joined the New Archaic Smile.
Yoko Kanno had initially contacted Mai to do a TV commercial after listening to one of her albums. From there she introduced her into singing for anime soundtracks such as Macross Plus, Escaflowne and Cowboy Bebop.
Her most recent international performance was on June 20th, 2007 in Seoul, South Korea as a member of Yoko Kanno team.
She lists Janis Joplin and Edith Piaf among her influences and personal tastes in soul music.
- The Day Before Yesterday (1984)
- Flying Elephants (1985)
- Embassy (1986)
- Woman Tone (1988)
- 1958 (1989)
Cowboy Bebop (Vocals)Edit
Cowboy Bebop OST:
- "Want It All Back"
- "Pushing The Sky"
- "Don't Bother None"
- "See You Space Cowboy"
- "Mushroom Hunting" (Live version)
- "Blue" (Last episode ending song)
- "Gotta Knock a Little Harder"
- "The Real Folk Blues" (Ending Song)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 http://members.shaw.ca/ykdb/resources/interviews/maiyamane_animeland.html Interview of Mai Yamane (Yoko Kanno Database)
- ↑ http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-05-22/yoko-kanno-seoul Yoko Kanno to Perform Special Concert in Seoul (Anime News Network)