Asteroid Blues is the first Session in the Cowboy Bebop anime series.
The Bebop is traveling through hyperspace near Mars. Jet has cooked his specialty, bell peppers and beef, while Spike finishes martial arts practice and comments that dinner can’t be called bell peppers and beef since there is no beef. Knowing they are broke, Jet decides they should pursue a bounty placed on a gang member named Asimov Solensan on the asteroid, Tijuana (called TJ). Spike complains that he doesn't go after "small fries", judging by Asimov’s crime and bounty price, but Jet convinces him they need this bounty by reminding Spike that the
"carnitas (on Tijuana) are out of this world!"
- August 10, 2013: Coming in 2014, Cowboy Bebop to be released on Blu-ray and Digital in the U.S. from FUNimation
- May 25, 2013: Shinichiro Watanabe confirms Live Action film is still in the works and Spike survived the final episode in an interview with Red Carpet News TV
- October 15, 2010: ANNCast Ep. 54 talks about Cowboy Bebop live action film still being in active development, working with the anime creators, and balancing serious action with humor.
- September 21, 2010: MTV Splash Page learned from actor Keanu Reeves that the live action film adaptation is still in script rewrites.
- October 19, 2009: DVD Times UK reviews the Cowboy Bebop Remix: Complete Collection released for Region 2 (PAL) DVDs by Beez Entertainment.