A missed bounty occurs when the crew of the Bebop are either unable to capture the bounty head they're after, or are unable to collect the payment of a captured bounty head. As such, most Sessions end with a missed bounty.
- Asimov Solensan (Session 1: Asteroid Blues), who was killed by his wife Katerina Solensan.
- Abdul Hakim (Session 2: Stray Dog Strut), who was caught by ISSP.
- Faye Valentine (Session 3: Honky Tonk Woman), who escaped.
- Morgan (Session 4: Gateway Shuffle), who was killed by the Space Warriors.
- Twinkle Maria Murdock (Session 4: Gateway Shuffle), who was trapped in Hyperspace, and implied to be subject to the effects of her own virus.
- Mao Yenrai (Session 5: Ballad of Fallen Angels), who was killed by Vicious.
- Giraffe (Session 6: Sympathy For The Devil), who was killed by Wen.
- Decker (Session 7: Heavy Metal Queen), who died in a truck collision.
- Roco Bannaro (Session 8: Waltz For Venus), who was shot to death after befriending Spike.
- MPU (Session 9: Jamming with Edward), for being Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Gren (Sessions 12 and 13 Jupiter Jazz (Part 1) and Jupiter Jazz (Part 2), who was killed by Vicious.
- Chessmaster Hex (Session 14: Bohemian Rhapsody), who they chose not to apprehend.
- Domino Walker (Session 17: Mushroom Samba), who sold his freedom to Edward in exchange for mushrooms.
- Mr. Appledelhi (Sessino 24: Hard Luck Woman), who turned out to be Edward's father, and only worth 50 Woolongs. His capture was far from worth it to Spike and Jet.