A missed bounty occurs when the crew of the Bebop or other bounty hunters are either unable to capture the bounty head they're after, or are unable to collect on the payment of a captured bounty head. As such, most Sessions end with a missed bounty.
- Asimov Solensan (Session 1: Asteroid Blues), who was killed by his wife Katerina Solensan.
- Abdul Hakim (Session 2: Stray Dog Strut), who was caught by ISSP.
- Faye Valentine (Session 3: Honky Tonk Woman), who escaped.
- Morgan (Session 4: Gateway Shuffle), who was killed by the Space Warriors.
- Twinkle Maria Murdock (Session 4: Gateway Shuffle), who was trapped in Hyperspace, and implied to be subject to the effects of her own virus.
- Mao Yenrai (Session 5: Ballad of Fallen Angels), who was killed by Vicious.
- Giraffe (Session 6: Sympathy For The Devil), who was killed by Wen.
- Decker (Session 7: Heavy Metal Queen), who died in a truck collision.
- Roco Bannaro (Session 8: Waltz For Venus), who was shot to death after befriending Spike.
- MPU (Session 9: Jamming With Edward), for being Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Gren (Sessions 12 and 13 Jupiter Jazz (Part 1) and Jupiter Jazz (Part 2), who was killed by Vicious.
- Chessmaster Hex (Session 14: Bohemian Rhapsody), who they chose not to apprehend.
- Domino Walker (Session 17: Mushroom Samba), who sold his freedom to Edward in exchange for mushrooms.
- Mr. Appledelhi (Sessino 24: Hard Luck Woman), who turned out to be Edward's father, and only worth 50 Woolongs. His capture was far from worth it to Spike and Jet.